UV Water Steriliser - Bug Buster Alpine Series- Gold
Alpine Pure powered 18 US Gal Per Minute Ultraviolet Water Filter system.
* Complete assembled system.
* Unbeatable value and Performance.
* 3 Year Structural Warranty.
* Weatherproof Construction for Exterior Use.
* Heavy Duty 304 Stainless Steel UV Bracket, Cover, Bolts and Washers.
* Twin 20 inch Heavy Duty Alpine Pure Big Blue filter housings, made with materials complying with NSF/ANSI Standard 42 and carrying the WaterMark Certificate of Conformity.
* 1 x 20 micron and 1 x 1 micron, Alpine Pure Gradient Density pre-filters, complying with NSF/ANSI Standard 42.
* Filter Housing Pressure Gauges.
* Check valve to prevent backwash.
* UV Rated to 115 LPM Flow @ 16mj Dose.
* High Output Lamp, Low 40 Watt Lamp Power usage.
* Suitable for Town or Country Water Supplies for Large Families and 2-4 Bathroom Homes.
With the twin 20 inch Big Blue housings it will produce up to 110 litres per minute flow with an appropriate pump.
Dimensions - Height:700mm, Width:600mm, Depth:230mm.
* Bugbusters cannot be sent to a PO Box.
* The Bugbuster Alpine Series Gold is supplied with the water inlet on the Right hand side as Standard. If you require the water inlet on the Left hand side. Please let us know in the additional comments section of your order.
Do Not Position the BUG BUSTER UV unit where it could become Frozen.
Do Not Allow Water Hammer or Pressure over 90 PSI.
Do Not Wet The Ballast or Lamp.
Always Use a Water Proof External Power Supply Outlet.
Always install the UV system after the Pump and where an uninterrupted exterior 240-volt power supply is available. A fluctuating power supply will require a power spike protection device to protect the UV systems power ballast. There is no warranty cover for damage to a ballast caused by an uunprotected power supply. For example, power supply to the UV system should not be on the same PowerPoint/Circuit as a pump.
Ultraviolet rays with wavelengths shorter than 300 nm make microorganisms inert by disrupting their DNA thereby rendering them harmless. The most effective sterilizing range for UV is within the C bandwidth (UVC). This range is called the germicidal bandwidth. UVC has been used in hospitals for decades to sterilize surgical instruments, water, and the air in operating rooms. Many food and drug companies use germicidal lamps to disinfect various types of products and their containers.
UV disinfection is a purely physical process. Micro-organisms such as bacteria & viruses that are exposed to the effective UV-C radiation are inactivated within seconds. It does not add anything to the water, such as undesirable color, odor, taste or flavor, nor does it generate harmful byproducts. It is fast, efficient, effective, economical and environmentally friendly.