UV Water Steriliser - Bug Buster Pro Series - Pearl
Made in Canada by the world's largest UV manufacturer, commonly known in Australia by the Sterilight and Trojan brand names.
* Complete Assembled System.
* Unbeatable value and Performance.
* 5 Year Structural Warranty.
* Assembled into a heavy duty 304 Stainless Steel frame with Stainless Steel Bolts and washers.
* Twin 10 inch Heavy Duty WaterMark Approved Alpine Pure Big Blue / Jumbo 100% Polypropylene Housings and heads. NSF Approved materials.
* NSF Approved Alpine Pure Gradient Density Pre-Filter 20-01 micron followed by a GAC (Granulated Activated Carbon).
* UV rated to 60 LPM @ 16 mj dose.
* High output lamp with a low 25-Watt power usage.
* With Twin 10' Big Blue Polypropylene Housings for a flow rate of up to 45 LPM with an appropriate pump.
Do Not allow Filter Housing to Freeze.
Always Use a Pressure Limiting Valve if Pressure over 90 psi.
Always Use a Water Hammer Arrestor if Water Hammer is Present.
Do Not Overtighten.
Ultraviolet rays with wavelengths shorter than 300 nm are extremely effective in killing microorganisms. The most effective sterilizing range for UV is within the C bandwidth (UVC). This range is called the germicidal bandwidth. UVC has been used in hospitals for decades to sterilize surgical instruments, water, and the air in operating rooms. Many food and drug companies use germicidal lamps to disinfect various types of products and their containers.
UV disinfection is a purely physical process. Micro-organisms such as bacteria & viruses that are exposed to the effective UV-C radiation are inactivated within seconds. It does not add anything to the water, such as undesirable colour, odour, taste or flavour, nor does it generate harmful by-products. It is fast, efficient, effective, economical and environmentally friendly.