UV Water Steriliser - Bug Buster Pro Series - Platinum
Made in Canada by the worlds largest UV manufacturer, commonly known in Australia by the Sterilight and Trojan brand names.
* Complete assembled system.
* Unbeatable value and Performance.
* 5 Year Structural Warranty.
* Weatherproof Construction for Exterior Use.
* Heavy Duty 304 Stainless Steel UV Bracket, Cover, Bolts and Washers.
* Triple 10 inch Heavy Duty WaterMark Approved Alpine Pure Big Blue / Jumbo 100% Polypropylene Housings and heads, made with materials complying with NSF/ANSI Standard 42.
* 1 x 20 micron and 1 x 1 micron, Alpine Pure Gradient Density pre-filters, complying with NSF/ANSI Standard 42.
* 1x Granulated Activated Carbon final cartridge, complying with NSF/ANSI Standard 42.
* Filter Housing Pressure Gauges.
* Check valve to prevent backwash.
* UV Rated to 130 LPM Flow @ 16mj dose.
* High Output Lamp, Low 45 Watt Lamp Power usage.
* Suitable for Town or Country Water Supplies for 1-2 Bathroom Homes.
With the triple 10 inch Big Blue housings it will produce up to 60 litres per minute flow with an appropriate pump.
Do Not allow Filter Housing to Freeze.
Always Use a Pressure Limiting Valve if Pressure over 90 psi.
Always Use a Water Hammer Arrestor if Water Hammer is Present.
Do Not Overtighten.
Ultraviolet rays with wavelengths shorter than 300 nm are extremely effective in killing microorganisms. The most effective sterilizing range for UV is within the C bandwidth (UVC). This range is called the germicidal bandwidth. UVC has been used in hospitals for decades to sterilize surgical instruments, water, and the air in operating rooms. Many food and drug companies use germicidal lamps to disinfect various types of products and their containers.
UV disinfection is a purely physical process. Micro-organisms such as bacteria & viruses that are exposed to the effective UV-C radiation are inactivated within seconds. It does not add anything to the water, such as undesirable color, odor, taste or flavor, nor does it generate harmful byproducts. It is fast, efficient, effective, economical and environmentally friendly.