UV Water Steriliser - Bug Buster Alpine Series- Gold
* Complete assembled system.
* Unbeatable value and Performance.
* 3 Year Structural Warranty.
* Weatherproof Construction for Exterior Use.
* Heavy Duty 304 Stainless Steel UV Bracket, Cover, Bolts and Washers.
* Twin 20 inch Heavy Duty Alpine Pure Big Blue filter housings, NSF Approved materials and carry the WaterMark Certificate of Conformity.
* 1 x 20 micron and 1 x 1 micron, Alpine Pure Gradient Density pre-filters, NSF Approved.
* Filter Housing Pressure Gauges.
* UV Rated to 115 LPM Flow @ 16mj Dose.
* High Output Lamp, Low 40 Watt Lamp Power usage.
* Suitable for Town or Country Water Supplies for Large Families and 2-4 Bathroom Homes.
With the twin 20 inch Big Blue housings it will produce up to 110 litres per minute flow with an appropriate pump.
Do Not Position the BUG BUSTER UV unit where it could become Frozen.
Do Not Allow Water Hammer or Pressure over 90 PSI.
Do Not Wet The Ballast or Lamp.
Always Use a Water Proof External Power Supply Outlet.
Ultraviolet rays with wavelengths shorter than 300 nm are extremely effective in killing microorganisms. The most effective sterilizing range for UV is within the C bandwidth (UVC). This range is called the germicidal bandwidth. UVC has been used in hospitals for decades to sterilize surgical instruments, water, and the air in operating rooms. Many food and drug companies use germicidal lamps to disinfect various types of products and their containers.
UV disinfection is a purely physical process. Micro-organisms such as bacteria & viruses that are exposed to the effective UV-C radiation are inactivated within seconds. It does not add anything to the water, such as undesirable color, odor, taste or flavor, nor does it generate harmful byproducts. It is fast, efficient, effective, economical and environmentally friendly.